Lisa, what are your favorite places in Australia? This question I get all the time when working with my clients. Where would you go?
It is the most challenging question for me to answer because I love every experience I’ve had over my seven visits. (as of the time of this post) For me, Australia could never disappoint, and she continually outdoes herself whenever I go. Just when I think she can’t deliver more, she does.
For me, it is a destination that has captured my heart and soul. However, I will give you a short list of some of the places that hold some fond memories and that I would certainly return to again and again.
My Favorite Places in Australia:
- Whitsundays-A collection of islands off the coast of Queensland located on the southern end of the Great Barrier Reef. Choose any of the islands for a perfect relaxing end to a long trip or a romantic escape. A visit to Whitehaven beach and a helicopter ride out over Heart Reef is necessary.
- Rainforest Walk-The lush green vegetation, babbling water, and history of this ancient place are beyond words. Experience the Daintree with a local Aboriginal guide. One of my favorites was a Dreamtime Walk.
- Kangaroo Island– Australia’s unique landscape and spotting of notable wild wildlife highlights here. Enjoy authentic eats while dining on a cliff looking out over the ocean or grilling in the bush.
- The Outback-I spent two weeks entirely in the lower portion of the Northern Territory hiking and climbing gorges, canyons, and more. Uluru and the surroundings feel like the heart and soul of Australia. Another outstanding experience here was a helicopter over the land at sunrise.
- Western Australia– A place I need to explore further, and despite my overwhelming love of koalas and getting a cuddle when I can, two of my best wildlife experiences were here—visiting Rottnest Island to meet Australia’s happiest animal, the quokka. During my encounter, the quokka decided to curl up in the crook of my arm on the cold, wet day we visited. And then the exhilarating swim with whale sharks. Words can’t describe the feeling of seeing these beautiful creatures very up close.
Wow, the memories are flooding in. I could go on and on. I am truly overcome with emotions when I think of all the beautiful things I’ve had the privilege to do in Australia and the people I’ve met. As you can probably tell, I may be a bit biased, but I genuinely believe you should discover Australia.
Lisa Rossmeissl is the owner of Boomerang Escapes, a home-based agency located in Old Bridge, New Jersey with agents in TN, MS, and WI.
She has been a professional travel consultant since 2008 and specializes in Australia and the South Pacific. Australia, New Zealand, Tahiti, Fiji, and Cook Islands are among the specialist certificates she holds. Her agency’s focus is on creating custom itineraries with their client’s wants, desires, and budgets in mind. She and her planners believe in getting to know the traveler to ensure they have a vacation to remember. With each planner specializing in a different market area, Boomerang Escapes can offer a wide variety of leisure vacation planning.
Leave a Reply