Top 10…..Things Clients Have Forgotten on Their Trip
To begin the New Year, I thought it would be fun to reflect on some of the “uh-oh” moments some of my travelers have experienced when embarking on their vacation. I decided to take a cue from David Letterman’s famous Late Show Top Ten List. For those not familiar, or like myself tend to already be in bed by the time Dave comes on, the Top 10 is a regular segment of the television show Late Show with David Letterman. It was adapted from Letterman’s NBC show Late Night. The writer’s of the show compile the list. The entries are read in reverse order by Letterman with a drum roll before each. The lists are usually developed from one of six categories: pyramids, athletes, taxi cabs, water towers, sewer covers, and then of course there is always something if it is a campaign year. Inspired by this regular segment I have created a list of the Top 10…Things Clients Have Forgotten on Their Trip.
So drum roll please as we roll out the Top 10…Things Clients Have Forgotten on Their Trip
10. Toothbrush-no need to worry if you forget this one as most hotels have a spare you can get from the front desk
9. Swim suit-not a problem if you’re staying at someplace such as Orient beach where bare is the décor of the day
8. Pajamas/sleep wear-definitely an issue if you are rooming with someone you have never met before
7. Underwear-going commando is always an option
6. Shoes-a woman’s worst nightmare
5. Camera-does anyone still use one of these
4. Phone-this is huge and may cause insanity from a lack of connection to social media
3. Driver’s License-forgetting this can make renting a car an issue not to mention getting a drink at the airport bar
2. Passport-watch out for TSA, as you will not be able to depart
And the number one item…..drum roll, please……
1. Suitcase-be sure the car you drive to the airport is the one in which you put your luggage in
Lisa Rossmeissl is the owner of Boomerang Escapes, a home-based agency located in Old Bridge, New Jersey with agents in TN, MS, and WI.
She has been a professional travel consultant since 2008 and specializes in Australia and the South Pacific. Australia, New Zealand, Tahiti, Fiji, and Cook Islands are among the specialist certificates she holds. Her agency’s focus is on creating custom itineraries with their client’s wants, desires, and budgets in mind. She and her planners believe in getting to know the traveler to ensure they have a vacation to remember. With each planner specializing in a different market area, Boomerang Escapes can offer a wide variety of leisure vacation planning.
Leave a Reply