Randy's Helpful Hawaii Tips
Randy's Helpful Hawaii Tips
Randy is a husband, father of two and IT director of a manufacturing company in Arlington. Randy was born and raised in Memphis and the surrounding area but has always had a passion for travel. He loves exploring new places with his family.
Within the past two years, Randy has traveled on several cruises including stops in the Caribbean and Bahamas. He has also visited both Universal Studios and Disney World Resort in Orlando and brought in the New Year in New York City. Randy enjoys traveling to Hawaii and highly recommends Hawaii as a great destination for couples or for a family vacation. Both the islands of Oahu and Maui have great things to offer including, beautiful beaches, zip lining, hiking through gorgeous mountains and volcanos, exploring waterfalls and many historical sights. Whether you are looking for a relaxing time on the beach or an adventure through the rainforest Hawaii has exactly what you are looking for.
Most recently Randy and his family visited many sites in California including Los Angeles, Malibu, Long Beach, Disneyland and San Francisco where crossing the Golden Gate Bridge was a bucket list moment. Randy would love to help you with your Hollywood Adventure, a magical trip with Disney, or your relaxing vacation on a Hawaiian Island. Don’t delay, let Randy help make your traveling dreams a reality.
Recently, I caught up with Randy and he shared some of his favorite tips from his most recent visit to Oahu and Maui.
Here are some helpful tips when visiting the Hawaiian island of Oahu.
- Stay at a hotel in Waikiki Beach area. You have many choices in hotels, shopping, restaurants, and beaches.
- Take the Circle Island tour, which is operated by Roberts Hawaii. This tour will show you what the entire island has to offer.
- Visit Pearl Harbor. The USS Arizona Memorial is a must see.
- For some great shopping, visit the Aloha Stadium flea market. Only open on select days of the week, but great values.
- Visit the Dole Pineapple Plantation. Enjoy some delicious Dole pineapple whipped ice cream. And take a guided tour by train of the plantation, or walk thru the world’s largest maze.
- Snorkel at Hanauma Bay. This underground ocean crater contains many species of fish, rays, and turtles. Rental equipment is available, if you don’t have your own.
- Hike to the top of Diamond Head. From the top, you can see a spectacular view of Waikiki Beach.
- Visit the North Shore. There, you can eat some delicious shrimp from Giovanni’s Shrimp Truck, or visit the popular Sunset Beach, which is known for big wave surfing.
- For some added adventure, hike Koko Crater. This is a very intense hike, so bring plenty of water and set aside time for breaks. This hike has less foot traffic than Diamond Head, but more extreme. The climb to the top is 1,208 feet. There are 1,048 stairs/railroad ties, which were originally built over 60 years ago to get supplies to the military bunkers at the top. Breath-taking views of Hanauma Bay from the top.
- Visit Kualoa Ranch. Many movie and TV series have been set here, including Jurassic Park, Lost, Godzilla, and 50 First Dates. Take a guided bus tour thru the ranch, or rent an ATV and do some exploring.
Here are some helpful tips when visiting the Hawaiian island of Maui.
- Haleakala Sunrise tour. See the sunrise from 10,000 feet above sea level. Take the bus tour, don’t attempt to drive this yourself.
- Zip Line at the Maui Tropical Plantation. Beautiful views of the plantation, and a very fun experience.
- For a dessert, which is out of this world delicious, visit Duke’s Beach House in Ka’anapali. The hula pie is Oreo cookie crust, macadamia nut ice cream, hot fudge, and whipped cream.
Lisa Rossmeissl is the owner of Boomerang Escapes, a home-based agency located in Old Bridge, New Jersey with agents in TN, and WI. She has been a professional travel consultant since 2008 and specializes in Australia and the South Pacific. Australia, Tahiti, Fiji, and Cook Islands are among the specialist certificates she holds. Her agency’s focus is on creating itineraries with their client’s wants, desires, and budgets in mind. She and her planners believe in getting to know the traveler to ensure they have a vacation to remember. With each planner specializing in a different market area, Boomerang Escapes can offer a wide ride of leisure vacation planning.